Situated at Monrovia, Liberia
Up to 25% travel to Liberia
Reports to Sanitation Markets and Supply Chain Manager
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading nonprofit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 4,500 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 35 countries, committed to empowering everyone to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI uses its global presence and more than 50 years of experience to help reinvent healthcare. We work to shape market systems, change policies and financing, and build global capacity to better support consumer-empowered healthcare.
PSI is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing to join our team for the USAID-funded county-wide sanitation activity. The project aims to achieve universal adoption of basic sanitation in five counties in Liberia. The Sales and Marketing Manager will work with the Market Development and SBC teams to develop strategies and approaches that will drive customers to purchase improved sanitation products. In particular, he/she will promote the adoption of commercial marketing and sales approaches by private sector companies. This ambitious project is looking for equally ambitious collaborators who bring creativity, energy and an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.
- Develop marketing strategies for sanitation products and services to a diverse consumer base, including developing new sales and distribution channels.
- Design marketing campaigns and materials such as point-of-sale marketing materials and incentives, site vendors, brochures, and radio content.
- Train and mentor project staff, companies and sales agents in door-to-door sales.
- Strengthen the capacity of companies to plan and execute marketing and sales activities and to manage commercial agents.
- Monitor program sales data and lead the adaptation of the program’s approach to marketing and sales to strengthen results.
- Institutionalize sales capacity and supportive supervision within government, community and private sector entities.
- Contribute to learning activities and documentation.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (eg marketing, advertising, public health).
- At least 7 years of marketing and sales experience, preferably in durable goods.
- Experience in designing and executing marketing and sales strategies. Experience in sales and marketing in the private sector desirable.
- Demonstrated experience building the capacity of others in marketing or sales through training, supervising, coaching or mentoring.
- Experience in sales management.
- Experience in coaching and training a large sales force and developing people.
- Creative, agile and adaptive thinker and doer with experience using data for decision-making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Liberian citizen.
How to register
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and an up-to-date curriculum vitae to [email protected]**before September 30, 2022. Subject: Liberia Sales and Marketing Manager **
PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status , personal appearance, license plate, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities. , gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran, or uniform service member status or employment status.