Welcome to part 2 of my interview with Kathleen DiBenedetto. In part one, Kathleen shared some of her fondest memories with Booker as she learned the craft from inside and outside of him. In Part 2, Kathleen talks about her own successes in the industry after hitting the road and leading bourbon tastings herself to finally have her own batch of Booker’s named after her. Kathleen has overseen the Booker’s, Baker’s and Knob Creek brands for many years and we talk about how marketing strategies have changed as you enter the digital revolution.
- Above the Char with Fred Minnick (@fredminnick) talks steel and flasks.
- Were you around when Booker’s started introducing different lot numbers?
- Do you remember when you received a phone call to come and create your own batch of Booker’s?
- When you first started building brands, can you talk about those early marketing tactics?
- When you were on the road, was there ever a moment of shock?
- Were you confident when you took your first tastings on the road?
- Were you still dealing with the Booker’s, Baker’s and Knob Creek brands when you entered the digital revolution?
- What are the next brands people should look at?
- @jimbeamofficial @knobcreek @knobcreekbourbon
- Support this podcast on Patreon
This post first appeared on Pursuit of the Bourbons at https://bourbonpursuit.com/2022/03/31/351-how-marketing-on-the-road-built-brands-like-bookers-with-kathleen-dibenedetto-of-beam-suntory-part-2 /
Never miss an episode of Pursuit of the Bourbons to: